Tips from my a recent Bride
The night after my best friend’s big day, we sat on the couch totally exhausted. We spoke about the good, the bad, and the ugly (oh yeah bridesmaid drama!). Here are some of the lessons we learnt which we thought may be useful to anyone else planning a wedding:
* Arrange transportation between church and reception to include bridal party and anybody that needs extra help. I’ve seen a wedding where the couple arranged for the fashionable double decker bus – quite a cool way to make sure no body gets lost on the way!
* Put directions to reception venue in the programme booklet.
* Put programme booklet on bridesmaids and groomsmen’s chairs so they can follow the service.
* Plan exits carefully – who leaves when and in what order.
* Small tasks can be completed before the week of the wedding. For example, writing thank you cards.
* and finally, be clear with your fiance about responsibilities. It takes more time to remind your hubby to be about writing his thank you cards than you doing them yourself. From now on, you’ll be a team!